Mar 24, 2011

How to fit your prim eyelashes.

Giela Delpaso Headshot
Cake eyelashes.

Fitting prim lashes seems to be a common problem for a lot of residents out there so I have decided to write a very small lashes tutorial to share with you all. Please understand this is how I do it, I am sure there are many other ways to make prim lashes work and I am also sure there are very good tutorials out there but I have found this way to be very easy because I change my lashes frequently and I lack the patience to edit them to perfection every time I wear them. 

1. Make a copy of your lashes first.
2. Make sure you made a copy of your lashes.
3. Wear a alpha layer to hide SL default lashes. (I use the alpha layers from Sindecade) *
4. Wear a tattoo eye-liner. You can go dramatic at this point but it is very important that you have upper and lower eyelid line so you have a place to position your lashes at. (I use the pack from Baiastice which includes several eyeliners with and without tattoo lashes for a more dramatic final effect).

Lashes - Lelutka
LeLutka photoshoot II lashes natural and with alpha layer and eyeliner.

5. Wear your lashes, get on a pose stand, click ctrl+0 until you are inside your brain and start editing your lashes heavily using edit linked parts. Move them up and down, back and forward but avoid rotating unless you are avid for adventure.
6. When you think they are perfect, zoom around and discover they are still pretty weird. Get back on the posestand and continue editing, zooming and rotating your camera until they are perfect.
7. Read 6 again. Please. Thank you. Remember if you screw up you can always do Ctrl+z do undo last step. In case you screw up badly delete and go back to step 2.
8. There are different kinds of prim lashes. The ones that have an alpha texture plus and the lashes texture  on them, for example LeLutka old version, FNKY Cake or Glow lashes are usually bigger and more dramatic and these lashes are easier to adjust if you use a good eye liner that fills the empty spots they may leave on your eyelids border. Then we have fully sculpted prim eyelashes which I find easier to adjust for beginners because you just need patience to edit prim by prim but they end up looking perfect, examples are je suis..., CCD jewels and the new LeLutka 2011. Choosing one or another depends on your style and personal taste but also on your eye shape, since some lashes will be easier to adjust for certain eyes. 

Lashes - je suis
Je suis lashes 1 and 2 with alpha layer and eyeliner.

9. When you are done remember to manually detach your prim lashes and attach them again, this way you make sure SL saves the prims position and they will be ready next time you want to use them.
10. Enjoy, beautiful detailed perfectly fitted eyelashes. 

Oh la lashes
Baiastice eyeshadow + Baiastice tattoo lashes + Baiastice eyeliner + Je suis... lashes.

I don't care what they say out there, prim lashes when fitted correctly, always look way better than tattooed ones. What I do sometimes is wear both tattoo and prim lashes, which makes your eyes gain depth and every single spot is filled making your eyes look really beautiful. For some dramatic effects I also wear 2 different prim lashes together, attaching one to nose and the other one to mouth.

Also remember that if you wear an eye-shadow without eye-liner on v2.0  you can add a liner layer over it in order to make your lashes fit perfectly, but you need to add that layer AFTER the shadow and not before it, like I did on the picture above.

I hope you have found my first tutorial useful and easy to follow and for those of you who were afraid or scared of using prim lashes before I also hope you will at least give them a try now.

*EDIT 1: Adding a help on how to use Trins Alpha layers.
You need to grab the "Trins Alpha Layer Set Pro" from Sindecade store. First make a copy of the alpha layer given and rename it for example "no lashes" wear it and then right click and choose edit. Once the edition window opens just click on HEAD ALPHA square and choose the alpha texture from your Trins folder called: Alpha Mask - Head 0 (hide eyelashes) yes the square should be black. Save and Exit. Now you have your No lashes alpha layer ready to use whenever you need it.Please remember that if you are already using an alpha layer on, for instance, your boots, you can still right click and select ADD to wear both alpha layers on any v2.0 compatible viewer. 

/hughug
Giela

9 comments:

Samara Cavalieri said...

OMG! Ty so much for posting this. I basically gave up on prim lashes because I couldn't get them to fit my eyes, at all. I'm going to try this right now!

Giela Delpaso said...

I am so happy you do!! Please let me know how it works for you and if I need to add something. I would be so happy if it helps you out!

Samara Cavalieri said...

Thx :) Where is this alpha layer at Sindecade? Do I have to buy one of their skins to get it? I took their free "Trins Alpha Layer Set Pro 1.0" and wore the shirt layer called "Alpha Layer" but there's still invisible lashes getting in the way of my prim lashes. I set my shape lashes to zero.

Unknown said...

muaahhh divina!!! love the prim lashes I wear Julia's all the time i adoooore them and you are awesome for writing this to help others!! you rooock! besotes!!!!!!! <33 Leah

Samara Cavalieri said...

Thx Leah for the help! My lashes finally fit and look right. YAY! And thx again Giela for writing the tut!

Giela Delpaso said...

Aww sorry Sam I was writing the other post and didn't see you comment. I am going to add a guide on Trins alpha layer to the tutorial, Thanks for the hint! *hugs*

Giela Delpaso said...

Aww Leah, I absolutely adore them too. I just can't help cute little details like the hearts and the dramatic ones that are gorgeous too. I loooove them!!

P.S Divina tú!

Estela Serenity said...

Buenísimo el tutorial nena! en breve me pongo a ello :P

Gracias por compartirlo!

Giela Delpaso said...

Un placer Estela , ya me contarás que tal!!